Sunday, December 14, 2008

and People pay for this!!!!!!


Our daughter Amy had to have sinus surgery on Friday. It was a medical surgery, Not a nose job!

Anyway, when she was in recovery and since she's been home, We've talked about how many people have this and more done just for BEAUTY! They risk their lives and appearance forever and so many of the results are SCARY! "THEY ARE OUT OF THEIR MINDS". Her surgery wasn't as involved as most and she was miserable. It was really hard being her parent seeing what she was going thru. (Her husband is in Iraq and would have been here if he could have)

I do know there are good reasons for having plastic surg., etc. And they should be done. But just to have it done all in the name of being VAIN. WOW, they have a lot more tolerance for pain then I do!

We're glad hers is over. It should improve her health a lot. She's glad she had the whole weekend off to kind of recover. She originally thought she might beable to work on Saturday. NO WAY. Her work was smart telling her she better have saturday off too. Thank You!

She's doing good, she's very sore and she's starting to be able to breath thru her nose some again. (that would freak me out! I know I'm a big woose but I like breathing and I'm not into pain.)

We're glad it's over Amy. You are one tuff cookie! We LOVE YOU!

4 comments:

Megann said...

Glad Amy's doing well! Amen about the beauty thing...can't understand why.

Megann & Mini-Meg (aka: Lainey)

Patty said...

Yeah, Amy! Keep getting better. Plastic surgery is from ninnies. We're beautiful the way we are!

The Dillons said...

I am so glad she is recovering well! Doesn't sound fun at all.

Kar said...

Poor gal. She looks miserable! Yeah, I would rather die than have elective surgery of any kind.